apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Error 730038 - AcceptEx() problem?
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 18:07:06 GMT
On 4/5/06, Matti Eskelinen <amnipar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm new to this list, please forgive me for any ignorance I might manifest
> in my messages.
>
> But to get straight to the point, my task is to develop a small tcp server
> plugin with apr. I'm using a pollset to handle multiple requests and I put
> together a very simple test system following the instructions of the
> tutorial. The listening socket passes through the first request just fine,
> but when this request has been handled and in the pollset there is only the
> listening socket, the only thing I get from apr_pollset_poll is error 730038
> (An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket). I managed to
> find out that with apache, this error has to do with AcceptEx() failing with
> winsock v2 on certain systems. Is there any other possible reason for this
> error that anybody is aware of?
>
> This happens both when I create one request, handle it and then create
> another request and when I create two requests one after another. The first
> request gets handled, the second not; when there is only the listening
> socket in the pollset, I get only the error.
>
> On apache, the use of AcceptEx can be disabled with directive
> Win32DisableAcceptEx. Now I'd like to know if there exists a way to achieve
> the same with apr. I'd like to test if disabling AcceptEx removes the error
> or should I look elsewhere. Is there already a compiler directive or
> something else to disable AcceptEx or should I dig into the apr code and
> implement such a directive myself? ;) If the latter is the case, could
> someone please point me to the right direction, since I'm completely new to
> apr and have only briefly looked at the code.

As far as I know there is no way to make the pollset code not use
AcceptEx, so you'd have to implement such a thing yourself inside the
pollset code.

As for the potential bug, it would probably be easier for a
windows-savy developer to help you out if you actually posted the code
you're having trouble with.

-garrett