apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ronen Mizrahi <ro...@tversity.com>
Subject Re: SQLite3 transactions
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 03:57:30 GMT
Yes it is problematic, I am using apr_dbd with sqlite3 and I did send a
similar message to the list a while back. I believe eventually someone
responded, agreed and said that he was going to fix this.
Here is a link to the thread I am referring to:

I do not have a fix for this (or else I would have sent a patch) since I
decided to use apr_dbd_query() directly to begin and commit/rollback a
transaction, this was necessary apr_dbd api did not have a rollback
function, which is an issue I mentioned as well and which got no real
response. The apr_dbd_end_transaction() API is *wrong* conceptually and
need to be replaced by apr_dbd_commit_transaction() and
apr_dbd_rollback_transaction() or else how can the application rollback
a transaction?

Garrett Rooney wrote:

> On 4/27/06, Bojan Smojver <bojan@rexursive.com> wrote:
>> Is there something I missed here or does that look like a real bug in
>> SQLite DBD driver?
> Sounds problematic to me.  Perhaps one of the users of the sqlite
> drivers (we have a few on this list, IIRC) can speak up about it.
> -garrett

View raw message