apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: It's that time of the year again
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:39:17 GMT
Pl├╝m wrote:

>>-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
>>Von: Paul Querna
>>
>>*cough* serf *cough*
>>
>>http://svn.webdav.org/repos/projects/serf/trunk
>>

> I know :-).
> But I would like to see this inside the apr framework as it
> seems to me that serf has some acceptance problems here in the httpd
> community. Please correct me if this impression is wrong.

Your impression is wrong.

APR ejected the code due to lack of interest / lack of maintenance, and the
general fear of feature creep.

The httpd community has never objected to it.  IF you are suggesting putting
wire protocol implementations in APR, I think again you are overloading the
charter.  Suggesting that a matching client wire protocol library fits into
the httpd's project goals makes alot more sense.

Bill