apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Makefile.in does not take external LIBS LDFLAGS
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 08:14:14 GMT
Henry Jen wrote:

> will not have the -R flag in the Makefile.

Your patch is invalid because we need to proxy the whole accumulated
LDFLAGS off to the client who's trying to compile against apr[-util].
Fixing Makefile isn't enough, LDFLAGS must be 'sticky' within the
accumulated apr-1-config/apu-1-config syntax.

Please revisit your patch and determine where your desired flags are
being dumped by autoconf, and I'd be happy to commit a patch that
ensures those user-given flags percolate into our APRUTIL_LDFLAGS
throughout the configuration, as opposed to committing a bandaid.

Yours,

Bill