apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 2.2.1 as GA
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 19:05:50 GMT
Jess Holle wrote:
> So does that mean if one grabs the 2.2.1 tar ball one will not be able
> to build on Windows?

Correct, but the 2.2.2 tarball will build on windows (with a bumped aprutil).
That's why I think the concensus, between borked Win32/Netware and a missing
proxy patch, is to reroll and get the 2.2.2 out immediately this week.

Oh, my personal vote to the RM's tally is -1 (moving rapidly to 2.2.2).

> If so, that's not a very compelling tarball for those needing to support
> Windows.
>
> If 2.2.1 is being labeled as non-GA already then that's quite
> appropriate, move on to 2.2.2 as soon as possible.  2.2.1 shouldn't be
> labeled as GA if it does not build on Windows "as is", though.

2.2.1 is labeled nothing right now, that's why the thread is [VOTE].