apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Matti Eskelinen" <amni...@gmail.com>
Subject Error 730038 - AcceptEx() problem?
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 06:24:13 GMT
Hello all,
I'm new to this list, please forgive me for any ignorance I might manifest
in my messages.

But to get straight to the point, my task is to develop a small tcp server
plugin with apr. I'm using a pollset to handle multiple requests and I put
together a very simple test system following the instructions of the
tutorial. The listening socket passes through the first request just fine,
but when this request has been handled and in the pollset there is only the
listening socket, the only thing I get from apr_pollset_poll is error 730038
(An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket). I managed to
find out that with apache, this error has to do with AcceptEx() failing with
winsock v2 on certain systems. Is there any other possible reason for this
error that anybody is aware of?

This happens both when I create one request, handle it and then create
another request and when I create two requests one after another. The first
request gets handled, the second not; when there is only the listening
socket in the pollset, I get only the error.

On apache, the use of AcceptEx can be disabled with directive
Win32DisableAcceptEx. Now I'd like to know if there exists a way to achieve
the same with apr. I'd like to test if disabling AcceptEx removes the error
or should I look elsewhere. Is there already a compiler directive or
something else to disable AcceptEx or should I dig into the apr code and
implement such a directive myself? ;) If the latter is the case, could
someone please point me to the right direction, since I'm completely new to
apr and have only briefly looked at the code.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Matti Eskelinen
Software Developer