apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: SQLite3 transactions
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 04:24:25 GMT
Quoting Ronen Mizrahi <ronen@tversity.com>:

> I do not have a fix for this (or else I would have sent a patch) since
> I decided to use apr_dbd_query() directly to begin and commit/rollback
> a transaction, this was necessary apr_dbd api did not have a rollback
> function, which is an issue I mentioned as well and which got no real
> response.

I'm on this, so I'm planning to fix it.

> The apr_dbd_end_transaction() API is *wrong* conceptually and
> need to be replaced by apr_dbd_commit_transaction() and
> apr_dbd_rollback_transaction() or else how can the application rollback
> a transaction?

Well, I'm not and SQL transaction expert by any stretch of
imagination, but you are probably right. Both END/COMMIT and ROLLBACK
should be able to end current transaction. Maybe something we can
intruduce in trunk if people agree.

However, current 1.2 API will have to remain hackish for explicit
rollbacks, unfortunately.

--
Bojan