apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Documentation Project
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:55:24 GMT
On Monday 24 April 2006 20:12, Tom Bradford wrote:
> Greetings, I have a few questions after having been subscribed to
> this list for a few days.
>
> 1) I see that there's not a lot of activity on this list.  What is
> the current active status of the project?

Activity is variable.  Check the archives.

> 2) I notice that there is a database interface, but even though
> SQLite is supported, the exposed APIs resemble DBM-style interfaces.
> Is there a plan to create a super-simple rowset style interface for
> backends that support it?

Not sure what you mean there?

> 3) The documentation is scarce or non-existent.  Everything I've
> learned thus far has been from Inoue Seiichiro's tutorial.  Are there
> any official documentation project's active or planned?

That tutorial is probably the only one of its kind.  There are some
more at www.apachetutor.org, but they are oriented to the webserver
(though the pools one at least is just as relevant to the APR in its
own right).  My book (tba) has a complete chapter on the APR.

Coincidentally, I've just written an article about the APR.  It's an
overview rather than a tutorial or documentation, but may be of
interest.

> If there is no documentation project currently active, I can attempt
> to document what I'm learning as I go, and donate it back to the
> project.

Great!  There's ample scope for new documentation that duplicates
neither the API docs nor the existing tutorials.

Now, why don't we have any mention of it on the APR pages?
At the very least, a link to Inoue Seiichiro would be in order.

--
Nick Kew