apr-dev mailing list archives

From Davi Arnaut <d...@haxent.com.br>
Subject Re: It's that time of the year again
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:59:24 GMT
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:13:06 +1000
Ian Holsman <lists@holsman.net> wrote:

> Google is about to start it's summer of code project
>
> what does this mean for HTTP/APR ?
>
> we need:
> - mentors
> and
> - project ideas.
>
> so.. if there is any niggly things or cool projects you haven't got
> the time to do yourself, but could devote 2-3 hrs/week to help
> someone else do, and could be accomplished by a good student in
> 10-12wks.
> now's the time.
>

> ideas so far (half joking):
> - mod_ircd
> - implementing a UDP protocol
> - a caching module implement CML (cache-meta-language)
> - a SEDA type MPM

As a CS student myself I was thinking about submitting a "mod_carp"
proposal. The general idea is to implement CARP (Cache Array Routing
Protocol [1]) as a mod_proxy_balancer (or mod_cache) method, habiliting
apache (mod_proxy) to be integrated into a cache hierarchy. Apache would
also be able to serve and parse a Proxy Array Membership Table.

Anyone interested ?

Davi Arnaut

[1]. http://icp.ircache.net/carp.txt