apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Behne <mdb32...@yahoo.com>
Subject apr_proc_create
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:24:03 GMT
I have a question about behavior of a process launched by apr_proc_create from within an Apache
plugin module on Windows.
  The created process is intended to remain running regardless of whether the Apache server
is running.  I'm noticing that after the process is created, and the Apache server is stopped
and I attempt to restart it, I get an indication that the socket (port 80) is in use and Apache
won't start.  Once I stop the created process, Apache can successfully start.  I tried a few
things to change this behavior--apr_procattr_cmdtype_set,  apr_procattr_detach_set, apr_proc_detach--but
no change.  Now I've implemented some techniques to take the created proc down when Apache
stops to avoid the failed restart.  Is there anything I could do differently that would allow
the created proc to stay up without preventing Apache from restarting?

Do You Yahoo!?