apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: DBD: Prepared statements with PGSQL
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:09:17 GMT
Quoting Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>:

> [ Please don't Cc: me when you post to the list.  One copy
> of your messages is enough ]

Ah, sorry :-(

> If you want to take that on, feel free.  Does it gain us anything?

Not much. Maybe a few CPU cycles that get used for building the string
"PREPARE ..." and possibly some more for PostgreSQL to parse and
figure out that it should actually prepare rather than execute
directly (I don't have any scientific performance data on this, so
this is just speculation). When I originally asked the question I
wasn't aware that the PGSQL API didn't have that call before 7.4, so I
was more curious than anything.

If I find time, I may give it a try...

View raw message