apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: DBD: Prepared statements with PGSQL
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 07:09:31 GMT
On Saturday 08 April 2006 03:07, Bojan Smojver wrote:

[ Please don't Cc: me when you post to the list.  One copy
of your messages is enough ]

> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 23:49 +0100, Nick Kew wrote:
> > It's also possible that it did exist
> > but that the code was written with insufficient reference to TFM.
> > Do you know when PQprepare first appeared?
>
> If PostgreSQL manuals are accurate (and there is no reason why they
> shouldn't be), the first occurrence was in 8.0.

OK, I can relax:-)  apr_dbd_pgsql was written for 7.x, and was successor
to software I originally ran with 6.x.

> So, anyone using 7.4 or
> below would be out of luck.

Don't go there.  It's a totally unnecessary regression.

> Or we'd have to detect the presence of the
> function at configure time, as Garrett suggested, and then have two
> different chunks of code.

If you want to take that on, feel free.  Does it gain us anything?

--
Nick Kew