apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Documentation Project
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:17:14 GMT
On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 17:07 -0400, Tom Bradford wrote:

> By DBM-style, I mean you're effectively talking about the storage of
> key/value pairs where the atom representation of a value is
> effectively a void pointer, rather than tuples, which is how SQLite
> and other RDBMS' inherently operate.

I think you're probably reading DBM docs and thinking of DBD - something
that was recently fixed (i.e. DBD documentation was not generated for
some versions of APU). The actual DBD support for SQLite2/3 is SQL
orientated (i.e. you do things like select/query and then fetch
rows/values). This should be fixed in the future Doxygen docs.

However, we should mention that DBD uses APU style SQL (yes, there is
such a thing :-), where in prepared statements %s, %d and similar are
used in place of $1, $2 (PGSQL) or ? (MySQL) parameters to make them
uniform across database types. In fact I should probably document
this :-(

--
Bojan