apr-dev mailing list archives

From Salvatore Domenick Desiano <...@email.arc.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: uuid_t on OSX 10.3
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:59:44 GMT
See my follow-up e-mail to Garrett.

-- Sal
smile.

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

o What changes?  The changes to the next version (you can verify these using
o the apr candidate 1.2.5) or the prior version?
o The next version slurps the headers in the order uuid.h, uuid/uuid.h, and
o finally sys/uuid.h (only including the first-found.)  We test-compile, and
o therefore should croak if uuid_create / uuid_generate has been detected,
o but we failed to locate a declaration.
o Please test the current code or point us at what code failed for you, afraid
o your report was much to vauge.
o Salvatore Domenick Desiano wrote:
o > The changes to include uuid_t on 10.4 seem to have caused a problem on
o > 10.3. Unforfortunately, while libc on 10.3 exports uuid_gnerate, no
o > headers are provided. The result is that HAVE_UUID_GENERATE is set, even
o > though there is no uuid_t available for compilation.
o >
o > I have fixed this in the DarwinPorts port of APR, so people who use APR
o > through DarwinPorts should be fine, but you might want to fix this on
o > your mainline.
o >
o > -- Sal
o > smile.
o >
o >
o >
o > --------------
o >   Salvatore Domenick Desiano
o >     Research Scientist
o >       Intelligent Systems Division (QSS Group, Inc.)
o >         Explorations Technology Directorate
o >           NASA Ames Research Center
o >
o >
o > .
o >

  Salvatore Domenick Desiano
    Research Scientist
      Intelligent Systems Division (QSS Group, Inc.)
        Explorations Technology Directorate
          NASA Ames Research Center