apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: APR resolver?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:29:26 GMT
On 3/28/06, Rian A Hunter <rian@mit.edu> wrote:

> I know there is apr_sockaddr_info_get but this doesn't handle getting mx records
> (or other DNS record types). Should a "resolver" API be added to APR. Actually I
> think yes and I think I'm going to implement this. Any objections?

A resolver API would be great to have.  Some people have talked in the
past about implementing an asynchronous DNS resolver in APR, since the
existing Async resolver libraries out there are not especially easy to
use with an APR app, if you felt like taking that additional step I'm
sure it would be welcome.

That said, this should really be discussed on dev@apr, not dev@httpd ;-)

-garrett