apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject testpoll.c:multi_event_pollset and 1.2.x
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:19:31 GMT
Does anyone have an objection to reverting the addition of the new
multi_event_pollset test on the 1.2.x branch?  It's testing for
behavior that's never existed for a number of pollset back ends (at
least kqueue, potentially epoll as well), and nobody has jumped up to
make the test pass on those platforms in trunk, let alone get a fix
that can be backported.

For the curious, the problem is that kqueue doesn't consolidate the
events it returns, so you can get two separate events for the same
file descriptor, some read, some write, etc.

Given that we've always had this behavior in the 1.x releases and
nobody's complained about it, I'm willing to just say that the test is
bogus.  If someone wants to rework the kqueue (and probably epoll)
impls to meet this new standard that's something that can be
discussed, but for now there's no real justification for us to
suddenly condemn their behavior.

Thoughts?

-garrett