apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] APR 1.2.5
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:37:00 GMT
On 3/20/06, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> On 3/20/06, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> wrote:
> > Tarballs of APR 1.2.5 are available for testing & voting from:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~pquerna/dev/apr-1.2.5/
> -1, it looks like my "hey, kqueue seems to work on darwin now" changes
> were in error, the poll tests work just bloody fine with kqueue, but
> the socket tests are still hanging unless you turn kqueue off.
> Sigh.
> If nobody beats me to it I'll turn kqueue off again tomorrow morning.
> Sorry about this guys, I should have caught this before committing that change.

FWIW, if I were RM, I'd just note the brokenness in the release notes;
link to a patch in the announcement; and then ensure we fix it for our
next release.  A release doesn't *have* to be perfect - unless, of
course, you're now volunteering to RM and produce the 1.2.6 tomorrow
to atone for your sin of committing too quickly...  =)  -- justin

View raw message