apr-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Jen <henry...@ztune.net>
Subject Patch for checking expat on Solaris
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 00:50:57 GMT
Hi,

Attached patch allows to build apr-util with system provided libexpat on
OpenSolaris.

On the machine, there is a expat.h and libexpat.so.* in /usr/sfw/include
and /usr/sfw/lib. But there is no .a or .la file.

It should not be required to have a .la file, not to mention a .a file.
.a is, afaik, an archive file for static link.

The attached patch check only the header file, and add the -L and -R
flags accordingly.

I believe this should also applicable to the FreeBSD system, in that
case, we may combine the FreeBSD and Solaris section added in this patch.

Cheers,
Henry