apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject 1.x trees broken
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:31:14 GMT
Would whoever's contributed to this conundrum please comment why...

[wrowe@s170 httpd-2.x]$ ./configure --with-apr=srclib/apr
--with-apr-util=srclib/apr-util --with-mpm=prefork --with-shared-mods=all
[...]
Configuring Apache Portable Runtime library ...

checking for APR... configure: error: the --with-apr parameter is incorrect. It
must specify an install prefix, a build directory, or an apr-config file.

when srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util contain build directories, as documented
for the --with-apr[-util] arguements, and omitting --with... will result in a
broken build on this box, since it has a (older) apr[-util] installed in
/usr/local/

Don't tell me none of the devs have apr installed in some common system path
for our current development tools, such as svn, and please don't suggest that
we are expected to push that to the bleeding edge just to get an httpd build
for testing to an alternate /opt/test/httpd-x.x/ path?

Bill