apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r388605 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/xml/expat/buildconf.sh
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:42:26 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 07:15:52PM -0000, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>
>>Author: wrowe
>>Date: Fri Mar 24 11:15:49 2006
>>New Revision: 388605

>>Log:
>>
>>  Apply the same cache pre-clean/post-clean m4's version collision avoidance
>>  that we use in aprutil itself, to the bundled expat.
>
> Uh.  No.  Thanks for more build breakage.

Anytime :)  Sorry I haven't been more active previously, work and RL have
conspired to keep me absent from APR for far too long.  Anyways, I'm back :)

>>+# Remove aclocal.m4 as it'll break some builds...
>>+rm -rf aclocal.m4 autom4te*.cache
>
> This removes the aclocal.m4 created by libtoolize.  This means that
> configure doesn't get created properly as the AC_PROG_LIBTOOL* macros
> aren't available when autoconf is run.  So, this busts the build.

Ah HA.  Thank you I was running this question down myself; it's the only
remaining reason there's no new 0.9.11 packages yet.  There will be, shortly
if this solves that quirk!

> There's no reason to remove these files

Ok, I'll delete those lines in apr/buildconf apr-util/buildconf when I have
a few minutes to break folks other than yourself (after all everyone deserves
their turn :0)

> and it's certainly wrong to do so at this point.  -- justin

With -that- I will agree, thank you for explaining my own observations, I'll
roll this change up prior to libtoolize.  Thank you!

Bill