apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Opinions on refactored read_with_timeout, please?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:49:49 GMT
I've refactored the read_with_timeout() code to account for observations
about both WAIT_ABANDONED and the short race between ReadFile, WaitFor...
CancelIo and GetCompletion.

It passes regressions which isn't saying much, since a number of edge cases
in the code are fixed which never appeared in the regression testall framework.
I need 1) feedback, and 2) opinions...

  [ ] code's ready to be adopted as our 'write_with_timeout' logic
  [ ] code should be backported to 1.2.x now
  [ ] code should be backported to 0.9.x now
  [ ] code should be rolled out in the 0.9.11 release already

Bill