apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: expat.h on Windows
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:50:28 GMT
D.J. Heap wrote:
> On 3/21/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>>This is a slightly non-trivial problem.  Right now we have 1.95.2 code
>>>which we are branding on win32 from the xml.dsp file as 1.95.1, so that's
>>>already a blinking neon sign that we've got problems.
>>
> Sure -- but after previous discussion I wasn't sure what was going to
> happen.  So how are the APR project files for Win32 maintained?  Are
> they generated or maintained by hand?  You mentioned buildconf -- a
> unix script that tweaks things at release time?

Well, *we* actually run buildconf.sh when we prepare the release tarball.
So it would leave nothing for the end-user to do.  I'll attack it when
adding expat 1.95.08 if that's what the group decides we want.

For folks checking out from svn on win32, we would have to add some sort
of corresponding buildconf.bat file which does this fixup for svn users.

Bill