apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r387468 - /apr/apr/branches/1.2.x/test/Makefile.in
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:33:23 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 04:03:54AM -0600, William Rowe wrote:
>
>>  If you are going to reintroduce this breakage on darwin, would you mind
>>porting your clever solution we managed to agree on, at least?
>>Ping-pong'ing
>>between platform failures just isn't cool.
>
> If you want to backport the clever stuff please go ahead, but I'm happy
> to stick with simple regression-fixes on the branches.

Provided they solve your bugs, irrespective of who else's bugs they cause ;-?

>>  I note this behavior is not present in APR 0.9 - so tests are currently
>>failing for RH Linux on APR 0.9?  Forgive all my confusion, but this is why
>>I had determined your original change on the 1.x branches was improper.
>
> The failure is not specific to some "RH Linux", I've seen it fail on
> Solarises too.  I can't remember seeing 0.9.x trigger this failure,
> maybe it does though.

Well I'd be very interested to know.  Since your environment seems to be good
at triggering your issue, would you report back?  If you are asking me to fix
the breakage for 1.2 that your commit 64765 introduced - it seems worth fixing
the whole thing on both platforms, consistently.