apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 1.95.2? Why?
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:24:00 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 3/20/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>>Just curious, but if we are continuing to roll in expat, at least for the
>>remaining life of APR 0.9 / 1.x (ripping it out of APR 2.0 at the earliest)
>>why haven't we cared enough to bump this?  Maybe some svn'ers who use this
>>functionality can comment.
>
> APR has a number of build system tweaks to expat in order to get it
> play nice as a bundle and for Win32, IIRC.

So if a voulenteer is needed to merge our win32 and unix patches, you have
one.  My question is, do we really want to continue shipping nearly 5 year
old code, or is it time to move at least to 1.95.08, given your impressions
below?  Are there fixes that are relevant to our current apr_xml users?

>>Also I'm curious if the newly released 2.0.0 remains binary compatibile.
>
> Source-compatible, mostly.  Binary, I don't believe so.
>
> (There are some features in 2.0.0 that I wish we could make
> available.)  -- justin

Good things to add for 2.0.0 apr?