apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] apr_pollcb api?
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:54:11 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Sounds like a good idea to me.  If more than one fd is ready, what is
> the order that they are called?

The order that we get them back from the OS level function.

More or less 'no guarantees'.

> Also, should there be different
> callback functions for ready read, write, and error, or just one
> function that is responsible for all three?

But, what happens when there is a socket that is being monitored for all
3, do you call all 3 callbacks?

The apr_pollfd_t contains a bit field which we mark with the events it
was triggered for.  If the user of the API wants to do different
callbacks for each, they can build that on top of the single callback.

-Paul