apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Smith <m...@mailchannels.com>
Subject Re: apu-config --link-ld doesn't have all the library paths
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:24:18 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 3/16/06, Mike Smith <mike@mailchannels.com> wrote:
>> the resulting apu-config script emits the following for 'apu-config --link-ld':
>
> apu-config --help sayeth:
>
> When linking with libtool, an application should do something like:
>   APU_LIBS="`apu-1-config --link-libtool --libs`"
> or when linking directly:
>   APU_LIBS="`apu-1-config --link-ld --libs`"

Ooops. I should have included --libs in my example.

Nonetheless if APR is configured using --with-expat=/somedir/expat, for example,
   apu-config --link-ld --libs
doesn't produce the linker flags necessary to link with the version of expat
installed in /somedir/expat.

--
Mike Smith                   | MailChannels: Assured Messaging
mailto:mike@mailchannels.com |   http://www.mailchannels.com