apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r384715 - /apr/apr/trunk/test/Makefile.in
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:12:12 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 01:59:50AM -0600, William Rowe wrote:
>
>>Joe Orton wrote:
>>
>>>Without -no-install I was seeing spurious test failures on some
>>>platforms, because all the test programs (which get exec'ed by APR;
>>>oc_child) end up as libtool wrapper shell scripts.
>>>
>>>What failure are you seeing?
>>
>>Uhmmm.... without this change, the tools are linked to the install path
>>of the apr library, and they don't load the version just compiled into
>>the .libs/ directory - causing problems with commits like your optimization
>>from this morning.
>

> On what platform, using what version of libtool?  That's exactly the
> opposite of what -no-install should do (and does, and always has, for
> me).

Stock flavor 1.5 installed on OS/X 10.3.

The -no-install flag appears to be incompatible with the fact that we built
the libapr-1.dylib as -rpath, both the .la flavors in apr/ and apr/.libs/
(a symlink) abspath the linkage location to the system path, ergo any linked
binary to those .la's are similarly hard-pathed to the system path of the
libraries' final target location.