apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r384715 - /apr/apr/trunk/test/Makefile.in
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:59:50 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> Without -no-install I was seeing spurious test failures on some
> platforms, because all the test programs (which get exec'ed by APR;
> oc_child) end up as libtool wrapper shell scripts.
>
> What failure are you seeing?

Uhmmm.... without this change, the tools are linked to the install path
of the apr library, and they don't load the version just compiled into
the .libs/ directory - causing problems with commits like your optimization
from this morning.

In this particular case, libtool should do just what libtool does.

Now, we can talk about compiling a specific module like oc_child as a raw
binary, in -theory- libtool should set up the envvars to search for the
shared .libs/ location and anything that the app then invokes should load
correctly.  So if you would like to reintroduce this hack just for the
sub-children then we should be ok.

Other alternative, system() them instead of exec()ing them?

Bill