apr-dev mailing list archives

From Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <wsanc...@apple.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] APR-Util 1.2.5
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:24:45 GMT
On Mar 21, 2006, at 1:15 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>> Feel free to take a guess as to whether your vote will influence mine
>> in the least.  =)  -- justin
>
> Oh of course - it's a pretty meager -1, and I didn't plan to bring
> it up until
> I saw a strong reason for a -1 on apr :)  And I'm certainly not
> worried about
> influencing anyone who don't contribute to the code base - but I am
> concerned
> about trying to find common ground for the progress of those
> developers who
> find their code stalled for want of a new release.  I am trying to
> communicate
> what are issues, even if those issues are ignored 8 hours later.
> Even when we
> disagree, I respect the opinions of all active committers.

   I would posit that not having a fix you wish it would have is not
a compelling reason to oppose a release, unless it's a regression
from past releases.  Releases shouldn't get progressively worse, but
"not better enough" shouldn't be a blocker for a new release.

> Of course I'm tempted to +1 1.2.5, giving darwin the respect it
> deserves (in
> consideration of the respect that other platforms are given in this
> community).
> But that would be petty ;-)

   On that basis, yes, I suppose it would.

	-wsv