apr-dev mailing list archives

From Rian A Hunter <r...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Fwd: APR resolver?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:36:35 GMT
this was ignorantly sent to dev@httpd

----- Forwarded message from rian@MIT.EDU -----
    Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:46:28 -0500
    From: Rian A Hunter <rian@MIT.EDU>
 Subject: APR resolver?
      To: dev@httpd.apache.org

While implementing the message bounce in mod_smtpd I ran into a snag. I need to
get mx records for host names!! There seems to be no portable DNS resolver
library/interface. For UNIX there is at least res_search() and dn_expand()
except on BSD this is in the standard library and in linux you need -lresolv.

I know there is apr_sockaddr_info_get but this doesn't handle getting mx records
(or other DNS record types). Should a "resolver" API be added to APR. Actually I
think yes and I think I'm going to implement this. Any objections?

Rian

----- End forwarded message -----