apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject apr_dbd_init
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:40:41 GMT
I asked a while back about having a test in this function to this effect:

if (drivers)
   return APR_SUCCESS;

This was to make sure that more than one Apache module can call the
function without any ill effect. Obviously, calling this function from
more than one thread would still be unsafe, but that's not normally
the case within Apache, as most initialisation happens during process
creation (AFAIK).

I think Nick wanted to move this function into apr_initialize instead.
I wasn't sure if that was a good idea, because it may create APR
dependency on APU (which may already be the case - I don't know).
After that, I completely forgot about the issue, so we never reached a
conclusion on this and it was not addressed before the release. Sorry
:-(

What's the final verdict on this?

--
Bojan