apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r388605 - /apr/apr-util/trunk/xml/expat/buildconf.sh
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:23:38 GMT
On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 07:15:52PM -0000, wrowe@apache.org wrote:
> Author: wrowe
> Date: Fri Mar 24 11:15:49 2006
> New Revision: 388605

> Log:
>
>   Apply the same cache pre-clean/post-clean m4's version collision avoidance
>   that we use in aprutil itself, to the bundled expat.

Uh.  No.  Thanks for more build breakage.

>  cross_compile_warning="warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling"
>
> +# Remove aclocal.m4 as it'll break some builds...
> +rm -rf aclocal.m4 autom4te*.cache
> +

This removes the aclocal.m4 created by libtoolize.  This means that
configure doesn't get created properly as the AC_PROG_LIBTOOL* macros
aren't available when autoconf is run.  So, this busts the build.

There's no reason to remove these files and it's certainly wrong to do so
at this point.  -- justin