apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jagunet.com>
Subject Re: APR leaves port bound when terminated?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:02:21 GMT
Sorry if this wasn't clear: the reason that SO_REUSEADDR
exists (and it's APR cousin) is to remove this
problem, and allow for the tcp/ip stack to
reuse it. So the fact that you're seeing this
is likely due to that option isn't being sent.

I believe the patch is to adjust
TCN_IMPLEMENT_CALL(jint, Socket, bind) in network.c
and add apr_socket_opt_set(s->sock, APR_SO_REUSEADDR, 1)
right before the apr_socket_bind call...