apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <l...@firehawksystems.com>
Subject [mod_smtpd] patch need for the SIZE extension
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:02:40 GMT
Hi Rian,

   Before I started converting my other modules to the new code I
figured I would start with writing a new module to handle the SIZE
extension.  I needed to apply the following patch (link below) to the
mod_smtpd code to get access at the max data size.

   I hooked the mail from hook, check for a valid SIZE in
mail_parameters and check to make sure it is not over the limit.  If
it is over the limit I can use smtpd_respond_oneline to send the 552
"message exceeds fixed maximum message size" line back to the client,
but what should the function return to make it force a QUIT or REST
command as anything but SMTPD_DONE sends more stuff to the client.

Should I just return SMTPD_DONE and set scr->should_disconnect?
Could we tweak it to support two different settings, one would only
allow QUIT only and the other would allow QUIT and REST (to start over).

Thanks,

Brian

http://www.brianfrance.com/software/apache/size.diff