apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Status of showstopper in 0.9.x ?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:28:40 GMT
On 2/22/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <colm@stdlib.net> wrote:

> There's a showstopper listed in the apr STATUS file for 0.9.x;
>
>    * MUST invert default selection of GPL, Sleepcat, BDB licensed plug
>      in detection to default to off, following clarification of the
>      ASF license compatibility
>
>  a) Is this showstopper actually relevant to apr, or only apr-util?
>     should it really be in apr-util's STATUS ?
>
>  b) Is this still a valid showstopper, or did r376181 fix this for
>     the 0.9.x branch or not ? :)
>
> Just want to get a httpd candidate roll underway, and we need to clear
> the apr dependency first :)

I believe that showstopper has been taken care of, but wrowe has yet
to actually remove it from STATUS.

I've been holding off on rolling new release tarballs because wrowe
said he had some stuff he wanted to get in, but at this point I'm
caring less and less.  What we've got is certainly an improvement over
previous versions, so I'm not sure there's any justification for not
releasing now.

Thoughts?

-garrett