apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: status of memcached code in the trunk
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:57:50 GMT
On 2/14/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Yes; apr-util/test should fire up oracle and throw something at it.
>
> And voters should indicate what modules/scenarios they are actually testing.
> Otherwise it's all rather pointless to have an apr-util/test/ directory now,
> isn't it?

Sure, people should say what they tested, that's just common sense.

On the other hand though, I think it's totally pointless to go build
another memcached implementation as part of APR-Util just for testing
purposes.  That time would be far better spent writing some tests that
require a locally running memcached instance.

-garrett