apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r374743 - /apr/apr/branches/1.2.x/STATUS
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 20:11:13 GMT
On 2/4/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> > Garrett Rooney wrote:
> >
> >> FWIW, here's a patch (to trunk) that handles the GDBM side of things,
> >> since it's like a 2 line change.  Seems to work just fine here.  I
> >> didn't do anything about BDB, since the BDB part of the configure
> >> scripts scare me...
>
> ROFL - I don't blame you (!)   But it appears to me that axing lines 728
> and 729, the exception clause for APR_ARG_WITH([berkeley-db], [ ... is the
> correct solution there, too.  Perhaps the docs should read 'path to library,
> yes for default search of expected locations, or no (default) to disable'.

The only question I had was if we should try to link against BDB 1.8
(the old version, still under a BSD style license) by default if we
can find it.  If so, the logic gets more complex.  I'll probably look
at this later tonight, but if someone else wants to deal with it I'd
be forever in their debt, as I HATE screwing around with autoconf...

-garrett