apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Neeley" <Sean.Nee...@ProducePro.com>
Subject APR leaves port bound when terminated?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:57:13 GMT
Hi,

I'm using APR 1.2.2 with Tomcat 5.5.15.  Occasionally I need to restart
the JVM, and so I have one of my servlets call System.exit(0).  When
using the APR libraries with tomcat, exiting the JVM in this manor
leaves port 8009 in the FIN_WAIT2 state (see netstat man page).  This
prevents me from starting tomcat back up immediately.  I receive an
error saying that the tomcat port is already bound.  If I remove the APR
libraries so that tomcat does not use them, I no longer encounter this
problem.  Can someone help?  I would like to use APR, but this problem
prevents me.  Thanks.

- Sean