apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Status of showstopper in 0.9.x ?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:53:58 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:

> I've been holding off on rolling new release tarballs because wrowe
> said he had some stuff he wanted to get in, but at this point I'm
> caring less and less.  What we've got is certainly an improvement over
> previous versions, so I'm not sure there's any justification for not
> releasing now.

That's a good point.  I guess I aughta appologize, I've been spending too
much time overseeing the stdcxx podling, where bugs get fixed before folks
suggest to release.  Different strokes...

Neither test is a hang/fail issue on APR 0.9 - the unix port didn't grow
an apr_os_uuid_get implementation until APR 1, and the testsockets issue
is specific to (and more complex in) 1.2 and trunk.

Only Solaris failure is Socket Creation sendto_receivefrom, errno 126.
No hang.  OS/X is building now (better than good old 10.1, but yet and
still OS/X is good for a coffee/smoke break.)

Only Windows failures are Poll pollset_remove expected 5, saw 4, (will
glance at this - but with the major refactoring I'm not planning to dwell
in 0.9-land), the test_fail_read_flush failure Brian also observed and already
patched on apr trunk for OS2 - will port to Win32 tonight, and finally the
test_stat_eq_finfo which I need to reexamine as it's the source of some svn
issues.

So I reaffirm I'm -1 on 1.2.x branch and trunk at this moment.  As for 0.9.x
branch, well, whatever.  <shrug>

Bill