apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r376501 - /apr/apr/branches/1.2.x/test/testuser.c
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:18:10 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> I don't see anything wrong at all with exploiting platform-specific
> knowledge in the test suite to improve test coverage.  Something like
> "is apr_uid_t an integer" is and should remain undefined in the API,
> adding some new #define to make that defined simply to avoid an #ifndef
> in the test suite is backwards.

The questions are;

  * do our users trust apr/test/ to provide simple examples?  Probably yes.
    (If not did we spell this out?  Answer; probably not.)

  * do our users need the knowledge?  In -this- case, probably yes, if you
    want an example look at httpd.

  * should we have architecture based tests?  I agree that would potentially
    be good, but then do we want a tree such as test/private/unix/*.c containing
    such specific tests, to reflect that they aren't public examples?