apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r376473 - /apr/apr/trunk/test/testnames.c
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:46:45 GMT
<43EBE355.6020705@rowe-clan.net>,
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Brad Nicholes wrote:
>>
>> This doesn't quite fix it either.  For NetWare the returns are
>>
>>       ABTS_INT_EQUAL(tc, APR_EINCOMPLETE, rv);
>>       ABTS_STR_EQUAL(tc, "/", root);
>
> Ok I'm confused :)
>
> APR_EINCOMPLETE is a fatal condition.  Is the path "//foo/bar"
valid?

> If so, it's the result that's wrong.
>
> Bill

So according to the logic that I am seeing for both Win32 and Unix,
NetWare is a cross between them.  NetWare does not understand UNC paths
so returning APR_EINCOMPLETE with "//" would be incorrect.  Also,
returning APR_SUCCESS with "/" would be incorrect as well since a
complete path would require a volume specifier such as "SYS:".  So I
believe that what it is returning now, APR_EINCOMPLETE with "/" is
correct on NetWare.

Am I missing something?

Brad