apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject apr_file_flush fluxored
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:21:18 GMT
Apparently we've completely neglected the mutex locking around the public
apr_file_flush API.  From an external perspective, if a mutex exists, it
must be used.  From an internal perspective, we invoke flush from within
an already-mutexed block of code (lock, flush, operation, unlock) so we
absolutely don't want to mutex it.

I'm thinking of an apr_file_internal_flush API for the existing non-mutexed
flavor, and make the public apr_file_flush API obtain the mutex where it's
appropriate, and invoke apr_file_internal_flush inside the mutex code.

Thoughts?

Bill