apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Outch, a few problems for 2.0/2.2
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 01:28:57 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 2/2/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
>>Finally vpath + symlink builds were broken, there is a set of patches
>>over on http://people.apache.org/~wrowe/ named fixbuild-n.n.patch where
>>-n.n is -2.0 & -0.9, -2.2 & -1.2, and -2.3 & 1.3 for the corresponding
>>httpd and apr-util versions.  The patches;
>
>>  * ensure we don't bomb on vpath builds looking for .h files in both the
>>    source and vpath target trees (because they don't exist in both).
>
> Consistently looking in one place seems reasonable.

Actually the patch looks in both.  We wrap that search in ( ) to avoid make
(solaris make) discovering there was an error invoking ls ap[ru].u, for
example, because those two files exist as generated objects on the target
tree, not the source, while ap[ru]_*.h generally live on the source tree.

>>  * never configure apr-iconv from apr-util.  Since we won't configure apr
>>    from apr-util this was inconsistent.
>
> Assuming you mean buildconf, not configure, +1, I was surprised we did
> this at all.  AFAICT the patches don't have anything to do with
> running apr-iconv's configure.

Right; long day yesterday, was in need of caffene replentishment.