apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Column names with apr_dbd
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:57:12 GMT
Quoting Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>:

> But async queries shouldn't be an issue here AFAICS.

Sorry, I think I wasn't specific enough. It appears to me that PGSQL
will be the one having a problem here for async queries. Basically, for
async _*select, the res->res is NULL until get_row is called. If
someone calls get_name before that (something they should be able to
do), my current patch would most likely segfault (PGSQL docs aren't
entirely clear on this, but it's better to be safe). Instead, I'll test
if res->res is NULL and return NULL if it is.

The other code (apart from Oracle, which I don't understand) shouldn't
have that problem, as res->res comes into existence when _*select
functions get called.

> Keep bugging us!

You can expect another lot of patches today, with the pool argument
rework, MYSQL typo fixes and async solution for PGSQL.

View raw message