apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: Column names with apr_dbd
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:57:21 GMT
Quoting Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>:

> It'll have to wait for 1.3, 'cos it affects the API (despite not breaking
> anything:-)

That's cool. Whoever (that would be me :-) wants the column names will
be able to patch their own copy of APR before the 1.3 release.

> I think we should fix it by calling apr_dbd_init from apr_initialize.
>  I guess
> that didn't happen originally 'cos of the sequencing of when things were
> developed and committed, and karma.

Eh, I didn't think of that at all. Does it make any difference that DBD
is part of Utils, not APR itself? What if someone doesn't want APR
Utils, but wants APR - wouldn't that create a dependency of APR on APR
Utils? Or maybe that's already the case...

Anyhow, if that goes through, maybe the existing function apr_dbd_init
can just be a do-nothing deprecated thingy (so that all exisiting
callers don't have to rewrite their code) and apr_initialize actually
calls something like apr_dbd_init2?

--
Bojan