apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r376501 - /apr/apr/branches/1.2.x/test/testuser.c
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:00:08 GMT
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:00:37PM -0600, William Rowe wrote:
> Joe,
>
>   I will mask this test ndef WIN32 for versions prior to 1.3.0, I agree
> we won't be changing semantics and surrender to the fact that we failed
> to make a portable library.
>
>   I am removing ALL per-platform tests on 1.3.0 forward that introspect
> non-apr flags to determine OS behavior.  Those tests *PROVE* non-portability
> and therefore indicate errors in our API which must be addressed.

I don't see anything wrong at all with exploiting platform-specific
knowledge in the test suite to improve test coverage.  Something like
"is apr_uid_t an integer" is and should remain undefined in the API,
adding some new #define to make that defined simply to avoid an #ifndef
in the test suite is backwards.

joe