apr-dev mailing list archives

From M Joonas Pihlaja <jpihl...@cc.helsinki.fi>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 0.9.8 releases
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:22:28 GMT

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> On 1/29/06, M Joonas Pihlaja <jpihlaja@cc.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> >
> > Erh.. sorry to spam the list with partially bad info in my last
> > mail.  Regarding Debian Unstable Pure64/x86_64, I in fact tested
> > 1.2.3 and not 0.9.8.  There were no failures for 1.2.3.
> >
> > Running testall from 0.9.8, hangs at "Thread locks" with no
> > periods displayed.  After removing "testlocks" from testall.c,
> > all other tests passed.
>
> Again, I'd be curious if this is a regression or if it used to hang in
> 0.9.7 as well.

It's hanging in 0.9.7 as well.  The problem is sensitive to which
tests are run before the "testlock" test case.  Here's the
smallest sequence of tests that I could find that need to be run
before "testlock" will hang 0.9.8:

teststr
testhash
testfile
testfileinfo
testdso
testoc
testsockets
testsockopt
testproc
testprocmutex
testpoll

I kid you not... remove any one of these, and "testlock"
completes successfully, and hangs if they're *all* run first. The
actual hanging happens in test_thread_rwlock():  The main thread
is blocked on joining with thread t1, and all the t1..t4 threads
are blocked waiting for a write lock on the rwlock.  Hm.. I've
just tested with just one thread doing the locking and the same
happens then.

Up the up side, at least the problem doesn't appear to be
intermittent. :)

Joonas