apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.2.4 Release
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:58:40 GMT
On 1/30/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> > apr-util won't build on AIX* with native compiler; needs
> >
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/apr/apr-util/trunk/dbd/apr_dbd.c?rev=330141&r1=321236&r2=330141&diff_format=h
>
> EWWW!  Why not simply pass a function with the proper args and retval,
> instead of casting this to heck?

FWIW, I agree that it's ugly, but I'm not about to go making larger
changes just for this release.

I do think that fixing the compile problem on AIX is probably worth
another tarball though, I'll roll one tonight sometime.

If anyone else has an uncommon system they're able to test on, PLEASE
do so ASAP, I'd like to find out about any other critical problems
NOW, so they can get into this next (final?) tarball.

-garrett