apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Race condition in apr_file_read on Windows
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 01:45:29 GMT
On 1/29/06, James Mansion <james@wgold.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >correct or not, but sending a patch instead of just
> >a "put this chunk of code in" description of what
> > needs to be done would make it infinitely more
> > likely for a developer to evaluate and commit the fix.
>
> Who is actually responsible for reviewing Win32 fixes?

Any developer who has access to win32 systems and a desire to work on it.

> I thought the submission in this case was clear.  It
> would be unfortunate if this sort of thing were rejected
> because the reviewer noticing the bug doesn't use the
> same toolset that developers who prefer UNIX-like systems
> (e.g. Cygwin) use.

It's difficult for a non-windows person to know if this is correct or
not, and it's particularly error prone to expect them to produce the
actual code change to a portion of the system they don't understand
without a patch that someone has actually tested.  Nobody's rejecting
anything, I'm just saying that I'm not comfortable enough in this area
of the code to do something about this bug report without a working
patch, test case, or some other aid to keep me from screwing it up.
If someone with more win32 experience picks it up and runs with it so
much the better, but failing that I'm going to need some more help
from the submitter before I can personally do something about this
report.

-garrett