apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: New apr_stat/apr_dir_read behavior
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:57:15 GMT
On 1/20/06, Andreas Magnusson <andreas.ch.magnusson@home.se> wrote:

> I also believe that finding a map between user/group/world and ACLs is
> very difficult, perhaps impossible, so no real blame there!
> I do *not* think that APR 1.2.2 is in error, but I have to punt the
> question if the change in apr_open_file() should be proposed for
> backport to the more seasoned APR developers, as I do not know if the
> new behavior would need a apr_foo_ex(), or if it would be considered
> "just a bug fix" (read: what is the expected behavior?).

Well, what I was getting at is that since you can reproduce the
problem locally, it would be considerably easier for you to find the
change that fixed the problem in the more recent branch (svn log and
svn blame should be enough to tell you what revision it was introduced
in), and given that, it should be pretty simple for you to apply that
change to the 0.9.x source tree and see if it fixes your problem.  If
it does, the more experienced developers would have a much easier time
reviewing the change and potentially committing it to that branch.

-garrett